Privacy policies are part of running a business mostly when you have customers and employees. Laws mandate that companies protect personal information. Each business faces privacy challenges which nobody else faces. A business like Keal Technology Inc. serves its customers that in turn serve their customers, which can make it challenging. The collection, use and disclosure of personal information under our control and possession must be dealt with in conformity with privacy legislation, and more specifically the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA) which can be found at: https://www.priv.gc.ca/leg_c/r_o_p_e.asp.
KEAL TECHNOLOGY INC – CUSTOMER PRIVACY STATEMENT
Keal Technology (“KEAL”) remains committed to maintaining the privacy of nonpublic personal information that is provided to us by our Customers, and conforming to all applicable laws intended to protect such data. This Customer Privacy Statement describes the manner in which we may use the nonpublic personal information that our customers provide to us concerning themselves (“Customer Information”) as well as their clients’ nonpublic personal information (“Client Information”). Furthermore, this Customer Privacy Statement explains our use and treatment of Non-Identifiable Information obtained from our customers.
Non-Identifiable Information Obtained From Customer or Client Information
Keal Technology may obtain copies of or gain access to Customer Information and Client Information through various means and opportunities, including through the storage of such data on Keal Technology’s systems as part of our hosting and Keal Cloud environments. Keal Technology may compile, extract, or modify this data such that the source of the Customer Information or Client Information cannot be identified, thus rendering it as “Non-Identifiable Data.” To the extent allowed by law and this Privacy Statement, Keal Technology may use Non-Identifiable Data:
- for internal purposes (e.g., improving its products and services) and/or
- to create statistical data or metrics to share internally and with its customers base, prospect base and third parties
Use of Customer Information or Client Information to develop Non-Identifiable Data shall be on a royalty-free basis, and Keal Technology shall own all right, title, and interest in the compiled Non-Identifiable Data.
- KEAL will only use Customer Information that is not converted to Non-Identifiable Data to the extent needed to deliver customer service and administer our business.
- KEAL will only use Non-Identifiable Data to the extent stated above. However, we may inform you of offers or opportunities from companies we believe can provide you with products and services in which you may be interested. KEAL may provide general information to these third parties such as name, relative size, address, general phone numbers, and general e-mail addresses. We will require that these third parties keep this information confidential and not to disclose it to other third parties.
- KEAL may share information about you to a third party if necessary to fulfill contractual commitments we have to you. For example, if an agency is identified as an upload/download partner of a particular insurance carrier, we may inform that carrier of the version of software you are utilizing, so that they may communicate the correct data formats with you.
- If you request that KEAL assist you, and KEAL utilizes third parties to fulfill such request(s), you are authorizing KEAL to release any information to such third parties that KEAL believes is necessary to satisfy your request(s).
- KEAL requires persons or third parties who provide services on our behalf to keep Customer Information confidential and to use it only to provide the services we’ve asked them to perform.
- KEAL will use reasonable security measures in order to maintain the confidentiality of Customer Information.
- Only KEAL’s authorized employees and third parties who are bound in writing to protect the confidentiality of our Customer Information will be permitted to have access to your Client Information.
- In the event KEAL shares Client Information with any third parties, those third parties will be obligated to protect the confidentiality of the Client Information, which may only be used by those third parties to the extent necessary for that third party to perform the services requested by KEAL.
- KEAL does not sell or give away Client Information, except to the extent it has been rendered Non-Identifiable Data.
- KEAL will use reasonable security measures required by provincial and/or federal law (to the extent it is applicable to KEAL): (1) to insure the security and confidentiality of Client Information; (2) to protect against any anticipated threats or hazards to the security or integrity of such Client Information; and (3) to protect against unauthorized access to or use of such Client Information that could result in substantial harm to any client.
KEAL reserves the right to modify this Privacy Statement from time to time.